Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Making It Rain.

So, this is me in a hat.
For those who don't know, the Kentucky Derby is a yearly event that grants the city of Louisville permission to just do outlandish 'ish. That is, if you have the money to. 

Even if I attempted to put it into words, I wouldn't do it any justice to describe the fashion that comes to Louisville. The hats are really gorgeous (and amazingly handmade) and the dresses are to die for. Seriously. It's less of a sporting event and more of a social event now. Everyone comes to drink bourbon, dress nice, and waste a TON of money. 


I honestly did not realize how poor I was until I witnessed just how rich these people are. The money I work for in two weeks is just pocket change to them. They could feed me for three months just on the cash they carry on a daily. 

The struggle is real.

Being surrounded by so many wealthy people made me wonder what their secret was. What exactly were they doing in their 20s that I'm not doing now? Granted, many of them were probably born into wealth so there wasn't much work to be done. But, how did they maintain their finances? Honestly, I'm sure it's not all rocket science. You just budget. But, the key is creating a realistic budget. Not living outside of your means. Which, admittedly I do pretty often. Not on their level, but, you know. 

I wanna make it rain too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment